A few weeks ago a started a gratefulness journal, I’m not going to lie and say I’ve kept up with it the last couple of days. It’s been a bit rocky. But I only give power to those that keep me from reminding myself of what I’m truly grateful for. That right there is going to stop! You are in control of your happiness and you, my friend are AWESOME! So let’s get started shall we…It’s quite easy to do and it lightens the heart because instead of focusing on what could be going wrong in your life, there is always something to be grateful for.
It doesn’t have to be three lines or a full page of a dissertation of what happened that day. Just jot 3-5 things that you can think of that made your day special that if you hadn’t written them down you may forget. My day turns into about 10 things (imagine that!) It gives you something to look back on and smile at things that you may have dismissed.
I find it an important part of my day. There may be your typical “roof over my head” or “running water” or even ” your beloved dog that greets you at the door” but try to find substance (not that the above things aren’t important because, oh yes they are)
Off the top of my head today I’m grateful for:
- My German Shephard, Rudi who is my constant companion
- Having the rest of this week off (my bday week YAY)
- I got chocolate covered strawberries in the mail for my bday which were yummy!
- My adoptive momma in CT who is ALWAYS there
- My best friends (you know how you are)
- Looking forward to my bday being spent with my high school friend Billy
- Having money to spend on a new Kate Spade purse
- God above all else!
If it weren’t for God I wouldn’t have these things so to Him be all the glory!
I hope this helps some of you. It’s a new day. A bright sun shiny day. And it’s all yours! Be happy!